Summer Communications Assistant
The Whiteshell Marketing Organization is seeking a dynamic and creative individual to join our team as a Summer Communications Assistant. We are a non-profit organization that exists to support, market and advocate for the businesses within Whiteshell Provincial Park. This is a new role within the organization, reporting to our Communications Coordinator.
As the Summer Communications Assistant, you will help grow the organization’s presence through all initiatives, including social media, collaborations and events, our website and our blog. The successful candidate is self-motivated, creative, and results-driven with a strong interest in the outdoors and tourism.
This position, from June 6 to August 26, 2022; is up to 24 hours a week, mostly remote, requiring occasional event work on evenings and weekends. Access to transportation to the Whiteshell Provincial Park will be necessary on occasion.
- As per funding requirements with Green Team Manitoba, must be eligible to work in Canada, be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and be aged 15-29 years old
- Current student or recent graduate of post-secondary studies in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Business, Hospitality, or other relevant studies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, specifically in storytelling
- Ability to work well independently and manage task lists
- Keen eye for photography and design
- Proficiency in the use of social media platforms and programs such as Instagram, Facebook, Meta Business Suite, Creator Studio, and Canva
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Experience with SEO, Google Analytics and other digital marketing tools is an asset
Description of tasks:
- Attend monthly WMO board meetings and consistent one-on-one meetings with the Communications Coordinator
- Curate and develop social media calendars and manage implementation, scheduling, monitoring and reporting of the social media strategy on Facebook and Instagram
- Assist with ongoing general administrative duties
- Conduct self lead research into topics, activities, businesses, and locations in the Whiteshell Provincial Park
- Plan and schedule online ad campaigns in Google, Facebook/Instagram
- Propose campaign ideas, social media calendars and new marketing initiatives for the Whiteshell Marketing Organization
- Create analytical reports on the performance of social platforms
- Represent the Whiteshell Marketing Organization at a select number of events in Whiteshell Provincial Park
Submit your cover letter, resume and 2 references by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 27, 2022, at 5:00 pm. Work samples may be requested.
The WMO thanks you in advance for your interest; only those candidates being considered will be contacted.